Delio Ltd, a wealth management platform software developer based at the Cardiff Business Technology Centre, is one of 11 companies to be selected for the first cohort of the Dubai International Financial Centre FinTech Accelerator Programme (see British Participation in Dubai FinTech Accelerator Programme 22 Aug 2017 NIPC Gulf), The other companies come from the USA, United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Azerbaijan, India, Singapore and Sweden.
In the 13 weeks of the programme, the successful firms will experience:
- "Mentoring from the industry’s leading firms and senior financial services executives
- Insider knowledge and direct feedback from their target user groups
- Workshops and panel discussions on topics such as procurement, regulation and industry trends,
- Opportunities to raise their profile amongst potential partners and investors, and
- A workspace in DIFC for two employees throughout the programme."
At the end of the programme, Delio and each of the other businesses will have the opportunity to bid for investment. I have described the programme in FinTech in Dubai 3 Aug 2017.
To gain its place on the programme Delio had to compete against 100 other proposals from over 32 countries which included big data and analytics, the blockchain, payments, peer to peer and crowdfunding, roboadvisors, and mobility technologies.
Delio is one of 21 businesses located at the Technology Centre (see the CBTC's company profiles page) one of which is a branch of Chapman & Co.
Should anyone wish to discuss this article or any related topic, he or she should call me on +44 (0)20 7404 5252 during office hours, or send me a message through my contact form.